As a practice and member of the BDA Good Practice Scheme, we treat all feedback,whether that be small suggestions to more notable concerns seriously and with courtesy.
We endeavour to listen to any and all concerns in an empathetic and reflective manner.
With this in mind, please see below a summary of our complaint’s policy:
- Our practice has a designated complaints manager, who will take overall responsibility for the handling of any concerns or complaints.
- If a concern or complaint is raised over the telephone or in person, the complaints manager will be informed of this at the earliest opportunity and the patient will be contacted to explore their concerns further.
- If the complaints manager is not available and the concern requires immediate attention, a senior member of staff will be informed.
- Any complaint raised in writing or in email will be sent directly to the complains manager.
- Any formal complaint will be acknowledged, in writing, by the complaints manager. In almost all cases this is within 3 working days. Any complaint will then be investigated.Where practicable, this investigation will conclude within 20 working days, though there may be specific scenarios where this could take longer. In such cases the complainant will be kept informed of the progress of the investigation.
- The outcome of any internal investigation will be given to the complainant. If any individual is not satisfied with our investigation, we will direct them to the relevant service.
For NHS patients:
- NHS Black Country Integrated Care Board (ICB), Civic Centre, St Peter's Square, Wolverhampton, WV1 1SH.
- The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank London, SW1 4QP (0345 015 4033) or www.ombudsman.org.uk
For Private patients
- Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, CR0 6BA (08456 120 540).
- General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ